Monday 20 August 2012

The Life of the Butterfly

Once upon a time, there lived a very wise man. He was the wisest man in the whole village. 

One day, a young boy came to the wise man holding a butterfly in his hand. The boy asked the man, "Wise man, I'm holding a butterfly in my hand; is it dead or is it alive?"

The boy was crafty in his intention. He intended to prove that the old man was not as wise as it was perceived. The old man could read into the boy's craftiness and said,

"My son, if I should say that the butterfly is dead, you will open the palm of your hand and let it fly, to prove me wrong. Should I say that it is alive, you will crush it in your hand, to prove me wrong."

"Therefore my son," the old man continued, "THE LIFE OF THE BUTTERFLY IS IN YOUR HANDS."

As the old man stated, so is it in our lives. Think of your life, your career or even relationship. 

Often times we feel as if its destiny is way beyond us. Yet, in truth, we have a significant role in determining where it ends up. We have been empowered to determine the shape of our destiny. We can either allow it to soar and be beautiful in flight, or we can crush it in our hands.

So, be it in your career, relationships or life as a whole, remember this: "THE LIFE OF THE BUTTERFLY IS IN YOUR HANDS."



No comments:

Post a Comment